Is a New Mexico native, born in La Loma, New Mexico. She enlisted in the US Navy in 1959
after graduating from Vaughn High School. Following boot camp in Bainbridge, Maryland,
she attended Yeoman School and served from 1959 to 1963.
She is married to CWO William (Bill) Cox , US Navy-US Army Retired.
In 2001 she retired from the NM Department of Health, Scientific Labs and instead of staying home she devoted her time to working with veterans.
In 2002 she was appointed by the United Veterans Council to the NM Veterans Memorial Board where she assumed the duties as the Museum Curator.
She has held the following positions:
- Vice President–United Veterans Council of New Mexico
- President and Treasurer–WAVES National, Roadrunner Unit #4
- VA Volunteer Service–Delegate for WAVES National
- Member–VFW Post 401 Ladies Auxiliary serving as Patriotic Instructor and as well as volunteer at the VA with the Woman’s Clothing Closet, where she distributes comfort items to the patient and helps with holiday events.
- Member–American Legion, Post 49
- Member–VA Woman’s Health Advisory Committee
- Treasurer–Tribute to Women in the Military Committee
- Member–Vietnam Veterans of America, Inc. Chapter 318
- Member–Women Veterans of NM
Her duties as the NM Veterans’ Memorial Museum Curator include accepting military items to be displayed in our exhibits, cataloging and maintaining the records for the Museum inventory, and providing proper care and maintenance of these items.